Rapid Re-Housing for Individuals
A CarePlus program designed to assist individuals 18 years or older, who are literally homeless in Bergen County, secure permanent housing. The program couples rental assistance and case management services to ensure the individuals are successful in sustaining their housing placement. The rental assistance provided is time-limited and calculated based on the individual’s income, which allows time for them to increase their income or find gainful employment. A Housing Specialist will assist the individual in locating and securing a permanent residence, provide ongoing case management services that include wellness and recovery-oriented support services, budgeting skills, financial management, employment search, advocacy and linkages to eligible community resources to be self-sustaining.
To assist Bergen County homeless individuals with securing permanent housing, as well as maintaining stabilization of their residence and long-term self-sufficiency.
- Housing search and landlord negotiations
- Rental assistance at 30% of the individual’s income for 12 to 24 months if they remain at or below the 50% Area Median Income (AMI)
- Assistance and advocacy in securing and maintaining housing, enhancing independent living skills/activities, and coordinating services and/or linkages with community-based providers
- Assistance with benefits and financial management through linkage and budgeting
- Quarterly reviews of the individual’s income to determine their AMI and ability to sustain their housing upon discharge from RRHI
- Interventions and case management services are offered in an effort to help the individual sustain their residence in the community