Rapid Re-Housing for Families
A CarePlus program designed to assist literally homeless families in Bergen County secure permanent housing. A family under the RRHF guidelines consists of a parent 18 years of age or older, with at least one child under the age of 18. It is the RRHF philosophy that when housing and case management opportunities are coupled with rental assistance, budgeting, and wellness and recovery-oriented support services, families that are homeless can sustain community living. The rental assistance provided is limited, and calculated based on the family’s income, which allows time for them to increase their household income or find gainful employment. A Housing Specialist will assist the family with locating and securing a permanent residence, and provide ongoing case management services that include financial management, employment search, child care services, advocacy, educational advancement assistance, and linkages to eligible community resources to be self-sustaining.
To assist Bergen County homeless families with securing permanent housing and assist in maintaining stabilization of their residence and long-term self-sufficiency.
- Housing search and landlord negotiations
- Rental assistance at 30% of the family’s income for 12 to 24 months if the family remains at or below the 50% Area Median Income (AMI)
- Assistance and advocacy in securing and maintaining housing, enhancing independent living skills/activities, and coordinating services and/or linkages with community-based providers
- Assistance with benefits and financial management through linkage and budgeting
- Quarterly reviews of the family’s income to determine their AMI and ability to sustain their housing upon discharge from RRHF
- Interventions and case management services are offered in an effort to help the family sustain their residence in the community
For more information, please contact:
Siobhan O’Neil at (201) 265-8200 ext. 5440
or email SiobhanO@CarePlusNJ.org