Juvenile Fire Prevention
Early intervention for youth up to the age of 18 displaying recurring interest and/or engagement in firesetting behavior.
Reduce the overall problem of firesetting by working with juvenile firesetters to identify underlying issues and provide intervention to minimize firesetting behaviors.
- Assess identified juveniles and their families to determine the motivation for the behaviors.
- Categorize the risk of future firesetting using self-report inventories.
- Provide fire safety education to learn the proper uses of fire and its associated dangers.
- Provide counseling services to address individual or family needs that may contribute to firesetting behaviors.
- Provide referrals for further treatment.
For More Information, Please Contact…
Jennifer Loaiza, M. Ed, Program Manager
at 201-797-2660 x5286 or email JenniferLo@CarePlusNJ.org
To find out more about the program, visit www.BCJFPP.org.