Intensive Case Management
Intensive Case Management (ICM) is designed to make supportive services available for Emergency Assistance (EA) recipients, who have been receiving or were recently approved for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and have exhausted their housing assistance through the County Welfare Agency (CWA). ICM provides short-term rental assistance, along with case management services to assist clients in locating affordable housing options. ICM provides financial services, which consist of EA-like payments (e.g., rental payments, security deposits, moving expenses, etc.), for up to six additional months following the exhaustion of their EA benefits, in order to allow them time to locate a more affordable housing arrangement. Extended rental payments and case management services are allotted on a per client basis pending their housing plan and DFD approval.
To assist individuals and/or families residing in Bergen and Hudson County, who are referred by their local CWA, to find and secure an affordable housing arrangement to avoid homelessness
- Housing search, landlord negotiations, family collaboration, and subsidized housing communications
- Rental payments at 100% for six months unless otherwise approved by DFD for longer time frames
- Coordinate and request financial assistance for moving, security deposits, etc.
- Case management services and advocacy in enhancing independent living skills/activities, coordinating services and/or linkages with community-based providers
- Benefit and financial management through linkage and budgeting
Assistance with applications for multiple affordable housing lists
For more information, please contact:
Siobhan O’Neil at (201) 265-8200 ext. 5440
or email SiobhanO@CarePlusNJ.org