Building Relationships, Preserving Families
Families First is Bergen county’s Family Preservation Services Program. It provides goal-oriented services to reduce the risk of out-of-home placement for children with DCP&P involvement.
To prevent out-of-home placement by providing short-term, intensive in-home family education and crisis intervention to families with children at risk of out-of-home placement, or who are being reunified from out-of-home placement.
- In-Home Crisis Intervention
- Parenting Skills
- Cognitive and Behavioral Models
- Short-term Case Management
- Intervention lasts 4-8 weeks
- Low Caseload
- Family therapist caseload: 2 families
- Responsive and Accessible
- Family contact within 24 hrs of referral
- 24/7 staff availability to families