Focusing on relationships and communication skills
Social Skills is a skill-building program for children and adolescents aged 7 to 17 that develops the skills needed to facilitate relationships and improve communication with others. A recommended bi-weekly Parent Support Group runs simultaneously with the program.
- Improve peer communication
- Learn problem-solving skills
- Manage frustration
- Build and strengthen self-confidence
- Increase cooperation
- Improve coping with rejection and bullying behavior
Participants will learn to:
- Use self-control
- Cope with anger
- Express feelings
- Communicate effectively
- Problem solve
- During this 8-week group, members will develop and practice social skills through role-playing, group activities, worksheets, and discussions.
- A concurrent bi-weekly parent support group is offered in order to help parents learn and discuss ways to reinforce their children’s social skills.