Care Plus Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, supports the innovative and life-changing programs and services provided by of Care Plus NJ, Inc. and it’s subsidiaries.
Since our inception in 1998, our mission has been to support programs and services that help provide care and support for individuals affected by mental illness, as well as education and outreach to decrease the stigma of the disease.
Our comprehensive approach to decreasing the stigma of mental illness includes direct support, advocacy, and community involvement. Given that, all funds raised provide direct client support through medication aide, housing support, services, training, and educational scholarships.
The board consists of individuals from local business, those who may have had a family member affected by mental illness, those who have had a direct relationship with CarePlus (for their own care or that of a family member), and individuals who play a part in helping to raise funds and awareness.
Board of Trustees
Care Plus Foundation, Inc. Officers
|James is founder and President of JamBoy Music, an entertainment company that writes and produces music, manages artists, and runs events. Prior to founding JamBoy Music, he was Director of Development at Spectrum for Living, where he managed all of the organization’s fundraising efforts and improved the visibility of the organization through extensive public relations efforts and community outreach. His prior work experience includes working for EMI Records Group in the Royalty and Business Affairs office and as a family mediator. James community service includes being a member and past President of the Northern Valley Rotary Club. The New Jersey State Legislation recognized James with a ceremonial resolution for his Community Service and Leadership in 2012. He was chosen to serve as Governor for Rotary District 7490 in 2017.|
|Ann Verrett Guillory,Ed.D. is a full professor of psychology and Assistant Vice President for Academic Student Services at Felician College in Lodi, New Jersey.Dr. Guillory has worked at Felician College since 1983, working in administration as well as professor in both undergraduate and graduate psychology and sociology. Dr. Guillory’s doctorate is in Applied Human Development with a specialization in aging. She has lectured to senior groups as well as other organizations and has conducted workshops for professionals in the field of aging. She currently teaches The Counseling of Older Persons, a graduate psychology course. Dr. Guillory also holds a bachelor of science and a masters of education from Loyola university of the South and a masters of education from Teachers College Columbia University.She currently serves on the Board of Trustees of Care Plus NJ and Care Plus Foundation and has served as Foundation president and Vice President.Among her other affiliations, she is a Eucharistic minister at the Church of the Ascension in New Milford, New Jersey and is a member of the Bergen County Chapter of the Links, Inc since 1994.|
Some our educational and fundraising efforts include:
- The annual scholarship award, the Bernard Dubnick Scholarship, has allowed many individuals in recovery pursue their education and establish careers.
- Seminars give clinicians an opportunity to earn CEUs, as well as laypeople an opportunity to expand their knowledge on various mental health-related topics.
- Our flagship fundraiser is the annual gala, The Courage Awards, an event which recognizes individuals and organizations that make a difference in the lives of those who suffer from mental illness. Past galas have honored nationally-recognized people such as actor and writer Joe Pantoliano, Miss America 2012 Laura Kaeppeler, and local “heroes” such as Bergen County Freeholder David L. Ganz.
- Training and educational workshops and including an annual conference.
- Community events such as film screenings, college events, and more.
- The golf outing in 2012 was a first for our Foundation. It was conceived as an effort to bring area business and community leaders together for an opportunity to enjoy a day of golf and to get to know CarePlus and the Foundation.
If you are interested in donating, volunteering, or supporting our efforts in other ways, please call 201-986-5070.