CarePlus now offers fully-integrated mental and physical health care services. Our “whole body” approach to recovery and wellness was one that we pioneered in 2009, as one of the first organizations of our type in the country selected to offer a primary care practice within a mental health care organization.1
This unique “integrated” approach features mental health care professionals working side-by-side with “primary care” doctors who serve your physical health care needs—“connected” to one another in the same way your mind and body health are connected.
Why integrate primary health care?
Statistics show that people with mental illness and substance abuse disorders potentially die decades earlier than those who do not suffer from these disorders.2 The cause? Primarily untreated – and preventable – chronic illnesses like hypertension, diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular disease that are aggravated by poor lifestyle habits such as a lack of exercise, poor nutrition, plus smoking and substance abuse. Barriers to primary care – coupled with challenges in navigating complex healthcare systems – have been a major obstacle to many receiving care.
Our goal is to break down those barriers and provide easy access to care…care that includes a strong focus on “wellness” and disease prevention.
Recovery is a life-long process.
We know that recovering from mental illness and addiction is a life-long process—which means you need to focus on the road to recovery. With CarePlus, you’ll not only receive the treatment you need to recover from your mental illness, we’ll help you to develop healthy life-style habits – exercise, nutrition, stress reduction – so that your overall mind and body health improves.
Convenience…all under one roof.
- Do you need blood work? No problem, we can do that.
- Blood pressure an issue? Let’s check it and discuss your options.
- Concerned about medication conflicts? Let’s get the doctors together to review your treatment plan.
Integrated care means professionals working together to ensure you have access to the care you need, and that treatment plans are properly aligned to avoid health problems—instead of just treating symptoms as they arise.
And just like any other primary care practice, we offer convenient hours and accept major medical insurance.
Let us help you get healthy in mind and body…so that you can reconnect with your life.
Call us at 201-986-5024 to schedule an appointment.
1. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) awarded 100 community behavioral health organizations more than $26.2 million collectively in Primary and Behavioral Health Care Integration. CarePlus was in the first Cohort of this grant award for integrated primary care in the behavioral health practice in September 2009.
2. Physical illness in patients with severe mental disorders. I. Prevalence, impact of medications and disparities in health care; Marc De Hert, et al., 2011.