CarePlus offers a variety of group therapy – support groups and therapeutic group sessions – that enhance the mental and physical well-being of children, teens, and parents who are struggling with social, behavioral, and mental health challenges.
Building Relationships, Preserving Families
Families First is Bergen county’s Family Preservation Services Program. It provides goal-oriented services to reduce the risk of out-of-home placement for children with DCP&P involvement.
Program Goals: To prevent out-of-home placement by providing short-term, intensive in-home family education and crisis intervention to families with children at risk of out-of-home placement, or who are being reunified from out-of-home placement.
- In-Home Crisis Intervention
- Parenting Skills
- Cognitive and Behavioral Models
- Short-term Case Management
- Intervention lasts 4-8 weeks
- Low Caseload
- Family therapist caseload: 2 families
- Responsive and Accessible
- Family contact within 24 hrs of referral
- 24/7 staff availability to families