Play Therapy With Children and Their Families (4 CEHs, 4 NBCC Hours)
May 4 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
Location: 610 Valley Health Plaza Paramus, NJ 07652 directions...
Cost : $80
4 Clinical Continuing Education Hours for Social Workers, 4 NBCC Hours for Counselors
The Association of Play Therapy describes “play” as important to human happiness and well-being as love and work are (Schaefer, 1993). It is a fun activity that elevates your spirits, as well as your outlook on life, while expanding self-expression and self-actualization through creative thought and exploration.
In this workshop designed for child and family therapists, we’ll delve into the history of selected theories of play therapy and research on their effectiveness. You’ll have the opportunity to view the presenter’s “traveling playroom” and engage in play therapy activities to gain a better understanding of the process and techniques, leaving with a well-rounded experience and relevant resources.
May 4th, 2017 – 10:00am to 2:30pm
Paying by purchase order?
Please contact Lindsay Rivera at 201-843-5218, ext 5226 or LindsayB@careplusnj.org.
This course is intended for…
- Therapists, psychologists, social workers, counselors, psychiatrists, family therapists, school counselors, and other experienced professionals who work with children and families
- Those who want to learn simple, easy and effective play therapy techniques that can be helpful in engaging youth and families in treatment
What you will learn…
- An introduction to play therapy in an accessible manner
- How to use play therapy techniques in clinical work
- The ability to explain the rationale for using play during clinical assessment and intervention with clients and families
- The basic equipment and supplies necessary to conduct play therapy
- Spend time engaging in play therapy techniques
- The ability to use at least 5 play therapy techniques in assessment and intervention services
- Information on how to obtain play therapy equipment and supplies
This course, Play Therapy with Children and Their Families, Approval #162706-1256-2, provided by Care Plus NJ, is approved for continuing education by the New Jersey Social Work Continuing Education Approval Collaborative, which is administered by NASW-NJ. CE Approval Collaborative Approval Period: August 26, 2016 through August 31, 2018.
CarePlus NJ has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6864. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. CarePlus NJ is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Social workers will receive four (4) clinical continuing education hours for participating in this course.
Counselors will receive four (4) NBCC hours for participating in this course.
About the trainer…
Colleen Daily Martinez, PhD, LCSW, RPT-S has a private practice and is also a continuing education instructor for Rutgers. Dr. Martinez has over 20 years of experience treating children and their families, working with challenges such as parenting issues, learning disabilities, sensory issues and attachment concerns.
CEHs and registration information:
Please contact Lindsay Rivera at 201-843-5218, ext 5226 or LindsayB@careplusnj.org
for information about continuing education credits for social workers.
Disability accommodations: Building and event space are accessible via wheelchair. Special accommodations can be made upon request.