CarePlus offers a variety of group therapy – support groups and therapeutic group sessions – that enhance the mental and physical well-being of children, teens, and parents who are struggling with social, behavioral, and mental health challenges.
Juvenile Fire Prevention Program
Early intervention program servicing youth 18 and under in Bergen county who are displaying recurring interest and/or engagement in firesetting behavior.
Program Goals: Reduce the overall problem of firesetting by working with juvenile firesetters to identify underlying issues and provide intervention to minimize firesetting behaviors.
The Juvenile Fire Prevention Program team will…
- Assess identified juveniles and their families to determine the motivation for the behaviors.
- Categorize the risk of future firesetting using self-report inventories.
- Provide fire safety education to learn the proper uses of fire and its associated dangers.
- Provide counseling services to address individual or family needs that may contribute to firesetting behaviors.
- Provide referrals for further treatment.
To find out more about the program, visit www.BCJFPP.org.
Call Teresa Martino-Woods L.A.C. at 201-797-2660 x144
or click here to contact us.
For more information…