Care Plus Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, supports the innovative and life changing programs and services provided by of Care Plus NJ, Inc. and it’s subsidiaries.
Since our inception in 1998, our mission has been to support programs and services that help provide care and support for individuals affected by mental illness, as well as education and outreach to decrease the stigma of the disease.
Our comprehensive approach to decreasing the stigma of mental illness includes direct support, advocacy, and community involvement. Given that, all funds raised provide direct client support through medication aide, housing support, services, training, and educational scholarships.
The board consists of individuals from local business, those who may have had a family member affected by mental illness, those who have had a direct relationship with CarePlus (for their own care or that of a family member), and individuals who play a part in helping raising funds and awareness.
Some our educational and fundraising efforts include:
- The annual scholarship award, the Bernard Dubnick Scholarship, has allowed many individuals in recovery pursue their education and establish careers.
- Seminars give clinicians an opportunity to earn CEUs, as well as lay-people an opportunity to expand their knowledge on various mental health-related topics.
- Our flagship fundraiser is the annual gala, The Courage Awards, an event which recognizes individuals and organizations that make a difference in the lives of those who suffer from mental illness. Past galas have honored nationally-recognized people such as actor and writer Joe Pantoliano, Miss America 2012 Laura Kaeppeler, and local “heroes” such as Bergen County Freeholder David L. Ganz.
- Training and educational workshops and including an annual conference.
- Community events such as film screenings, college events, and more.
- The golf outing in 2012 was a first for our Foundation. It was conceived as an effort to bring area business and community leaders together for an opportunity to enjoy a day of golf and to get to know CarePlus and the Foundation.
If you are interested in donating, volunteering, or supporting our efforts in other ways, please call 201-986-5070.